7.02.2014

It Had to Be Done

I asked Pip to carry the garlic scapes inside, but when she made a pit stop to indulge in her and Luci's favorite snack (fistfuls of chives, to which their powerful breath regularly attests), I couldn't resist taking more snapshots.

Because, look!, she's wearing ANOTHER SUNSUIT.


Oooh, chives.






 Let's have another...





 and another...






 How about one more?






At last, loath to leave her patch of stinky heaven, she stood.





She stared me down.






Then, with a heave-ho, she lugged those scapes inside, a stray chive stem tucked between her lips.



.

2 comments :

Renata said...

My children love to eat the garlic tops too (it must be a rite-of-passage of childhood)! We grow our garlic and coriander ( which I believe you call cilantro) over winter. I have both growing away right now. How is your new tomato garden going? I hope you have a bountiful harvest!
:)

Abigail said...

Oops. I totally missed this one! I hope you have a bountiful harvest, too. Cilantro (I call the ground seeds coriander, though!) and garlic are two of my absolute favorites! :)

The tomato garden, alas, was struck by blight, just like it has been the last three years. Fresh, new soil and everything! Humbug. The great thing is that God has given us lots of tomatoes to gobble from those nearly dead plants, as well as enough to can a few dozen quarts-worth, so I'm pretty happy.