7.02.2014

News of the Tiny Kind




The vegetable gardens are as full of weeds as they are full of anything we planted, but the herbs in the raised bed are growing well. The thyme, sage, lemon balm, and oregano I started from seed three years ago are still growing strong, along with chives, basil, parsley, dill, chamomile, calendula, and CILANTRO. (I can't wait for the cilantro to grow.)






I finally cut the garlic scapes today, too, egged on by the thought of grilling up a heap of them tonight for supper and pureeing up a spicy pesto for lunch tomorrow.   I even added a few to the dining room vase again, because they're lovely.










After Pip accidentally spilled a few on the porch,







Zeke happened along for taste-testing.  Good to know that they're not poison.



2 comments :

Rebecca said...

my dill and cilantro didn't even come up~ and I scattered a whole packet of seed on top of what should have come up from last year. :-(

Abigail said...

Boo! That's so disappointing. Do you have more seed? Second (or third) plantings will still grow in time!