9.18.2014

A Long Post of Leftovers, Or, I'm Just Too Tired for This

I told Pip I thought she had a chip on her incisor, and she spent the next hour  looking in the mirror.  She was utterly delighted because, as she said, "I've never even had a loose tooth before, and now I have a CHIP!"  She showed it off to John and my parents, and it was only after the fact that I realized it might just be the natural shape of her tooth.  Don't worry. I'm not going to devastate her with my new theory...




Buried by children, the Papa reads Bone!  Even Aidan joins in for the first time.





Helper-elves at work:



Non-helper elves on the fringes:



A gobbler-elf caught in the act:




Corn-husking elves:





Just in case you thought he's lost that bug-eyed magic, he hasn't.




These two pictures are for you, Nan, because even with the poor quality, I think you'll like seeing that the horse you painted for Millie eleven years ago is still in fine form.  (Zeke's form is pretty fine, too, huh.)





When you catch your Ezekiel trying to steal an entire wagonload of tomatoes and you ask him what he thinks he's doing, be prepared for the look on the right.





It has been non-stop Legos here for the last week and a half.  There are houses and helicopters everywhere.





Maybe the girls love the pool at Grandma's so much because this is what they come home to.  Ha!  I love watching them play in this.  They have a blast.





For you Houghtonites, Jule-Ann came to visit with her three children!  It was nice to catch up on the last couple of years, see how her girls have grown, and meet little John Wallace.  I took two pictures, and though the wigs might fool you, they both feature Dorothy.






Millie is a Rainbow Loom fanatic.  This collage is proof that we've let things go too far.  The spider is understandable, but a fire-breathing dragon?!?  Someone needs to hire her to loom them a house or something...





John put this pull-up bar in between the living and dining room.  Sometimes I walk by and see Lucinda daydreaming like this.  She's a little spider.




 



Sometimes I catch a little boy daydreaming too close to the road for my comfort.  Get back here, little boy!



 


The girls had a week of dollhouse festivities, during which each girl hosted one holiday before moving on in order from oldest to youngest. Millie even made a chart mapping out a year's worth of  holidays and to whose house they'd travel for each one. It was pretty intense. 





   



The New Year's festivities included play-dough lemon bars, bead pies, pipe cleaner blow-horns, and a basket of Happy New Year cards.  I should have taken more pictures of each celebration to make Martha Stewart jealous.





Our calico Fruity is a champion huntress.  The girls came running breathlessly to me one day to ask me to take a picture of her. trotting up the road with a freshly-killed rabbit.  This is not the first time she's done this.  I took this picture from far away, but I will refrain from posting the close-up shots Annika took of the bloodied beast next to our steps.  And that's the classy ending to this string of blog posts...


2 comments :

Renata said...

Your helper elves are adorable! I love how your whole family gardens together. I love your garden too!! Oh and your little cow boy in training is so cute. That horse is a treasure. I had a monkey who would climb the walls and door frames as well. He's stopped it though now :(
Have a lovely day
Renata:)

heidiann(e) said...

Helper elves!
Dollhouse holidays!!
Cats hunting rabbits half their size!!!

Marvelous.