11.08.2014

Before Bed

Dad just finished his last round of chemo tonight.  The next few weeks, the risks are bleeding to death or succumbing to infection, as his body has no immune system from the white blood cells and platelets being wiped out.  Please pray, if God wills, that his body will gain strength and be protected from internal infection and bleeding as it recovers.  They also found a clot today right near his main line, which was used to cycle the blood out of and back into his body during pheresis, so please pray that it will dissolve without doing any damage. 

Mom and Dad have had a fairly good week.  They're having some sweet fellowship together as husband and wife, without the distractions and to-do's of home life, and they've already met many people with whom to share and celebrate the Good News.

I apologize for the mechanical post.  I'm awfully tired and heading for bed, and though I don't have enough energy to flesh out a proper post, I wanted to update those of you who are faithfully praying for him.  Thank you. Your prayers are precious, and knowing that others care for Dad, many of whom haven't even met him, is a comfort.  The unity of the universal Church is clear when such as you love across the miles. 


6 comments :

Abigail said...

OH! And my brother Luke is awesome! He bought a screen-thing (technical term) that Mom and Dad can use to video-chat with those of us who aren't able to hop up to Rochester to visit, even though we long to. He coached my technologically inept folks on how to use it, and we got to talk to Dad tonight WHILE SEEING HIM. It was pretty cool. :) We live in an incredible age.

Molly said...

Oh my goodness! I am so appreciative of this update and of your news!! I will update our prayer team as we continue to cover your Dad and your family with prayer. Thank you for stopping to give us some news. May you be blessed with restful sleep, Abigail. Our God is watching over all. Praise Him!

Much love!

Renata said...

Thank you for the update. I was praying for you all this morning and wondering how your Dad was going. I will continue to pray. Glad you can have video chats with your parents. We live a long way away from both sets of our parents and we really appreciate being able to skype with them.
I hope you have a good week and will keep your Dad in my prayers.
Blessings
Renata

Ttit said...

I'm sure there are more people than you realize praying for you all. Thank you for the update, and I do pray for protection through this fragile time.

Liana said...

So glad you stopped in to update us all. My heart (and eyes) wept with you when I read your initial posts.
Your father (and your entire family) has been added to our daily prayer list.
Remember, dear friend, that our God is in the details... He knows our thoughts, our desires, and blesses us... even though technology.
Much love to you all.

Abigail said...

Thank you, Molly, Renata, Titi, and Liana.

Your prayers were heard, and we felt the comfort of your covering.