2.13.2015

A Star in the East

We cap off the season by celebrating with an Epiphany party on December sixth, at which time I roll out as much of the leftover Christmas goodies as I can fit in the dining room, in hopes that our company will gobble it all up before they leave.


 



I baked all the leftover cookie dough from Christmas (except for the extra gingerbread dough STILL in the freezer-- rats!) to make Three Kings cookies.







After using last year's Epiphany party as an excuse to make my first Buche de Noel, I found myself scrambling around on Epiphany morning making one this year, too.  I think this tradition is here to stay, mostly because the cake is so delicious.  (Buildabelly's still waiting for it, too.)






Not to be overlooked, here is a joyful child finishing a stack of nasty dishes for me right before our friends arrived, 





and here are the baskets of laundry that still remained when they walked in the door.  (Not shown are the two garbage bags of fabric-to-sort that I stuffed into my closet.)




2 comments :

Rebecca said...

And we did gobble it all up too.

SO delicious- the food and the company.

Thanks for letting us be a part of it.

Abigail said...

I can barely wait until next year. Viva la Buche de Noel! (How's that for mangling a language I don't know?)