2.13.2015

To Carry Her from Room to Room

December 19th would have been my parent's 44th wedding anniversary.  Sensitive to how hard the day would be, my brother Peter planned a dinner surprise. Mopsy thought she was going out to eat with Deborah, but when she showed up, five more of us were there to greet her. (Andy, sadly, had long returned to Alaska by this point.)





We shared a happy-sad evening together, with good food and better company.  

Just a few pictures, mostly for Andy.


Debbie and Pete on one side (Luke, Joel, Becky, and I on the other) watch Mom open her gifts.




Here's my impressive dessert. Mom and Dad rarely ate out when we were growing up, but they ate here once or twice when we children were quite young, and we have vivid memories of her bringing home most of her GIGANTIC dessert to share with us.  Continuing the tradition, I did the same for my own.






Mom's last gift was a gold locket engraved with a picture of Dad on one side and words of hope on the other.





Pete did the honors.





We love you, Mopsy.






No comments :