2.13.2015

To Drop by Unannounced, Be Prepared with Hip Waders.

The deception of bloggy photography could lead one to falsely believe that my house looked like this for more than the two seconds it took to snap these pictures.





 

I was going to take pictures of all the rooms decked out for Christmas,










but after these few I stopped because it seemed so silly.  Really, so very silly.


The truth is, unless it's immediately after we've done our daily chores, most of the house looks like this.


 

And that's even when the girls aren't pulling out all the stops to make things like these.





It's nice to sometimes have an excuse for the mess, though.




4 comments :

Leah said...

I think the Christmas decorations are beautiful! Love all the handmade decorations, too.

Rebecca said...

Your home was so festive and beautiful in all the nooks and crannies. My favorite, though, were those exposed beams with lights. If I were you, I'd have a hard time taking those down.

Abigail said...

Thanks, Leah!

Rebecca,
I haven't yet! I packed away everything but the beam lights, window candles, and the twinkle lights in the dining room. Some nights I need the extra sparkle.

Renata said...

Your home is beautiful! I LOVE your kitchen with that beam!